- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed oregano, or more to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 (4 ounce) fillets trout
- 1 pinch Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and grease with olive oil.
- Mix soy sauce, olive oil, wasabi paste, garlic, oregano, and black pepper in a bowl. Cut a diagonal slash across each piece of fish and coat fish with wasabi mixture; spoon remaining wasabi mixture over fish and into the diagonal cuts. Place fish into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fish is opaque and flakes easily, 7 to 9 minutes.
Visit SeafoodWatch.org for recommended fish sources