- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 cups panko (Japanese-style) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
Place a rack in top third of oven. Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, salt and pepper. Add fish fillets and turn to coat evenly. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the panko, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic powder.
One at a time, dredge each piece of fish through the breadcrumb mixture, coating both sides evenly. Arrange the fish on the prepared rack. Coat evenly with cooking spray on all sides. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the panko coating is golden brown and crisp, and the fish is opaque at the center. Serve with lemon wedges.
Visit SeafoodWatch.com for recommended fish sources